UTS Humanitarian Scholarship
Tuition Fees + Stipend
Standard Duration of UTS Course
The UTS Humanitarian Scholarship has been established to support undergraduate study for students holding Asylum Seeker Bridging Visas or Temporary Protection Visas (TPV) as a result of their arrival to Australia as asylum seekers. This is a whole of University commitment, providing scholarships in each of the eight UTS faculties to asylum seekers unable to access Commonwealth Supported Places or loan schemes. Please read the Conditions of Award
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Attained a full NSW HSC or Australian senior secondary school qualification or successfully completed a UTS Insearch Diploma or UTS Foundation Studies (Humanitarian pathway) to UTS; and
- Have applied and been deemed eligible for admission and meet standard UTS entry requirements; and
- Holder of an Australian Bridging Visa1 or Temporary Protection Visa, as demonstrated by providing a certified copy of current visa; and
- Be commencing their first year of an undergraduate degree; or the second year of an undergraduate degree where the applicant has successfully completed a UTS Insearch Diploma; and
- Be enrolled full-time; and
- Must apply and commence in the next available intake for the course after completion of their study used as their basis of admission; and
- All candidates must apply and complete the UTS online Scholarships Application; and
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person, if required.
Applicants are interviewed and selected based on:
- Academic Merit based on ATAR or equivalent result.
- Motivation to succeed in the chosen degree program, as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview.
- Circumstances impacting the applicant’s ability to support themselves financially and how receipt of the scholarship will assist their academic success, as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview.
How to apply
All applicants must submit an application form in order to be considered for this scholarship. You will be asked to attach a Word or pdf document containing your persuasive statement in the application form.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527