UTS Humanitarian Scholarship
Tuition Fees + Stipend
Standard Duration of UTS Course
The UTS Humanitarian Scholarship has been established to support undergraduate study for students holding Asylum Seeker Bridging Visas or Temporary Protection Visas (TPV) as a result of their arrival to Australia as asylum seekers.
This is a whole of University commitment, providing scholarships across all UTS faculties that offer undergraduate degrees, to asylum seekers unable to access Commonwealth Supported places or government loan schemes.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must apply and commence in the next available intake for the course after completion of their study used as their basis of admission; and
- Have attained a full NSW HSC or Australian senior secondary school qualification or successfully completed a UTS Insearch Diploma or UTS Foundation Studies (Humanitarian pathway) to UTS; and
- Have applied and been deemed eligible for admission and meet standard UTS entry requirements; and
- Hold an Australian Bridging Visa or Temporary Protection Visa, as demonstrated by providing a certified copy of current visa; and
- Be commencing their first year of an undergraduate degree; or the second year of an undergraduate degree where the applicant has successfully completes a UTS Insearch Diploma; and
- Be enrolling full-time; and
- All candidates must apply and complete the UTS online Scholarships Application; and
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person, if required.
 Applicants holding an Australian Bridging Visa will be required to provide a statement and/or letter from a community organisation verifying the applicant’s experience of an asylum-seeker.
Applicants are interviewed and selected based on:
- Academic Merit based on ATAR, Insearch Diploma GPA, or equivalent result.
- Motivation to succeed in the chosen degree program, as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview.
- Circumstances impacting the applicant’s ability to support themselves financially and how receipt of the scholarship will assist their academic success, as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview.
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527
Please be advised that for 2020 the following faculties (excluding offers made to students that have a guaranteed Scholarship place after successful completion of the UTS Insearch Pathway) are offering scholarship places for the UTS Humanitarian Scholarship:
- UTS Business School - two scholarships available
- Design Architecture and Building - two scholarships available
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences - one scholarship available