UTS FEIT International Mathematical Olympiad Scholarship Vietnam
- 100% of each Recipient’s UTS tuition fees and the Student Services & Amenities Fees for an approved course paid, for the Scholarship’s maximum duration as defined in Clause 4. This cannot be transferred, deferred or redeemed for cash.
- A financial contribution towards living and learning expenses of AUD$28,000/year for the Scholarship’s maximum duration.
The duration of the Scholarship is the standard number of sessions and credit points required for completion of the Recipient’s enrolled undergraduate course on the basis of a full-time study load, as specified in the letter of offer for admission to the course.
The purpose of this scholarship is to offer full tuition waiver and stipends to gold, silver or bronze medallists of the annual International Mathematical Olympiad from Vietnam for study in any undergraduate degree in the UTS Faculty of Engineering and IT.
Who is eligible?
- To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be an international student (not an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia); and
- Be a citizen of Vietnam at time of application to UTS and throughout the period of study at UTS;
- Be a gold, silver or bronze medallist of the annual International Mathematical Olympiad the year prior to or the same year as applying for this Scholarship;
- Have applied and been deemed eligible for admission and meet standard UTS entry requirements for any undergraduate degree at the Faculty of Engineering and IT;
- Not already be studying in Australia; and
- Must not be enrolled in a UTS Transnational Program; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible; and
- All candidates must submit a personal statement as part of the Application; and
- All candidates must be able to attend an interview in person, if required.
Applicants will be selected based on:
- Academic merit based on high school results; and
- Motivation to succeed in their degree; and
- An interest in the engineering or IT industry
Eligible candidates will be reviewed by the Faculty selection committee. The Faculty reserves the right to not award the Scholarship in any given year.
Need more information? Contact...
A maximum of 1 new recipient will be awarded each year.