UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
Tuition Fees depends on each course - Up to 3 years
Living Allowance - Up to 3 years at rate of $31,000 per annum
Single Overseas Health Insurance Cover (OSHC) - for total duration of program
In collaboration with the Australian Technology Network (ATN), UTS will provide 2 scholarships for eligible applicants to undertake PhD research at University of Technology Sydney (UTS) under the ATN — LATAM Research Scholarship Scheme.
The Australian Technology Network of Universities (ATN) brings together five of the most innovative and enterprising universities in Australia and is recognised as a global leader of a new generation of universities focused on industry collaboration, real-world research with real-world impact and produce work-ready graduates to become global thinkers in business and the community.
Further information in relation to this scholarship is provided in the UTS ATN-LATAM Research Scholarship Award conditions.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS ATN-LATAM, a student must:
- be a citizen of one of the following countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru or Uruguay; and
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003; and
- be a holder of an international student visa, meeting requirements as specified by the Department of Home Affairs, including the requirement to purchase and maintain a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy approved by the Commonwealth Government Department of Health; and
- have completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or be regarded by the University as having an equivalent level of attainment in accordance with clause (d); and
- where applicants do not hold a Bachelor degree with First Class Honours in clause (c) above, the University may determine that the applicant has demonstrated an equivalent level of academic attainment. In determining an equivalent level of academic attainment, the University may consider previous study, relevant work experience, research publications, referees' reports and other research experience; and
- be undertaking a higher degree by research (HDR) at the University in the year of the award (awards are not available to applicants whose enrolment into a postgraduate research program has not been accepted by the University); and
- be commencing full time enrolment for the first time in a higher degree by research (HDR) at the University; and
not have completed a degree at the same or higher level as the proposed candidature; and
must not previously have held an Australian Government-funded postgraduate research scholarship unless it was terminated within six months of the scholarship’s payments commencing; and
must not be receiving an equivalent award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the stipend rate to undertake the HDR. Income earned from sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule.
Applicants should ensure that they submit their completed application, including all required supporting documentation, by the relevant application deadline. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
In collaboration with the Australian Technology Network (ATN), UTS will provide two scholarships for eligible applicants to undertake PhD research at University of Technology Sydney (UTS) under the ATN — LATAM Research Scholarship Scheme. Applicants much be a citizen of one of the following countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru or Uruguay.
The scholarship will cover:
- Full research tuition fees scholarship for 3 years with possible extension to 3.5 years
- Stipend valued at a minimum of AUD 31,000 pa for 3 years with possible extension to 3.5 years
- Single Overseas Health Insurance Cover (OSHC)
- Relocation allowance
Awardees must be able to commence studies in the session awarded and will need to enrol no later than the enrolment deadline.
How to apply
To be considered for a UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarship, please apply by the following application deadlines:
30 June 2019 for Autumn (January) 2020 intake
15 January 2020 for Spring (July) 2020 intake
30 June 2020 for Autumn (January) 2021 intake
15 January 2021 for Spring (July) 2021 intake
If you wish to be considered for a UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarship and all associated scholarships (e.g. IRTP, IRS, UTSP), tick the YES box in the SCHOLARSHIP/SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION section of your course application and ensure you mention this scheme "ATN-LATAM Research Scholarship Scheme" in the application. Please refer to How to Apply and UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarship in the Research Scholarships section of the UTS Research Degrees website for more information.
Applicants must submit their completed application by the relevant application deadline. Incomplete application will not be considered.