Trevor Buchner Design Prize
$1,000 + Certificate
Trevor Buchner Design Prize was established in 1988 from a Trust Fund set up in recognition of the contribution and distinguished service of Trevor Buchner, the first academic member of staff of the School of Civil Engineering.
The Prize recognises outstanding academic performance in the area of structural analysis.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Prize, the Recipient must:
- be enrolled in a UTS award course; and
- have a major in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering; and
- have successfully completed, on the first attempt, 48349 Structural Analysis in the relevant academic year prior to the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology Prize Night.
- The Prize will be awarded to the student with the highest final mark in 48349 Structural Analysis in the relevant academic year
- In the event that two or more eligible students have the same highest final mark, the following criteria will be applied:
- Highest performance in subject 48349 Structural Analysis based on the overall aggregate mark (rounded to two decimal places) of the assessment tasks in the subject;
- Highest performance in the assessment tasks in subject 48349 Structural Analysis, based on the mark (rounded to two decimal places) of individual assessment tasks, counting back from the assessment task with the highest weighting to the assessment task with the lowest weighting;
- Highest overall academic performance by WAM in the session in which the subject was completed;
- Highest overall academic performance by WAM for the academic year in which the subject was completed.
Need more information? Contact...
FEIT Teaching and Learning
+61 (02) 9514 2372