Ross Milbourne Research Scholarship in Economics
Living Allowance - 3 years at rate of $30,000 per annum FT
Spring Intake only
The Ross Milbourne Research Scholarship in Economics is funded by the Australian Government, Department of Education and Training alongside University of Technology Sydney (UTS) in honour of Professor Ross Milbourne to support students of exceptional research potential to undertake a higher degree by research in a field of economics at UTS. The scholarship is provided to assist with general living costs.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the scholarship, a student must:
- be accepted for admission to a higher degree by research at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS); and
- be undertaking a research project in the field of economics; and
- have completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or be regarded by the University as having an equivalent level of attainment in accordance with paragraph 1.3; and
- be undertaking a higher degree by research (HDR) commencing at the University in the year of the scholarship; and
- be enrolled as a full-time student unless the University has approved a part-time award under section 4.2 of these Conditions; and
- not have completed a degree at the same or higher level as the proposed candidature; and
- not be receiving an equivalent award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the scholarship stipend rate to undertake the HDR. Income earned from sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule.
Only top-scoring applicants will be considered for the Ross Milbourne Scholarship.
Applicants should ensure that they submit their completed application, including all required supporting documentation, by the relevant application deadline. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Need more information? Contact...
Faculty Research Officer
Faculty of Business
Ph: +61 2 9514 3691