Ross Milbourne Elite Rower Scholarship
Paid over 1 year
The Ross Milbourne Elite Rower Scholarship intends to attract talented, aspiring athletes with the desire to pursue State, National and International rowing to enhance their educational opportunities by providing support for expenses directly linked to their study. For full details of the Scholarship please read the Conditions of Award.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Enrolled or intend to enrol in a UTS undergraduate course or an Insearch Diploma program in the session for which the scholarship is offered; and
- Must be a member of the UTS Haberfield Rowing Club (UTSHRC); and
- Must compete as/or demonstrate potential as a:
- World Class Rower (Olympian, World Championships); or
- Elite Rower who competes at State or National level; and
- Must be accepted into the UTS Elite and Emerging Athlete Program; and
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person, if required.
In addition, preference will be given to applicants who:
- Are potentially capable of representing Australia at the Olympics, and/or
- Will represent the University where required at State, National and International University events.
Eligible candidates will be identified by the UTS Haberfield Rowing Club, by applying the following criteria:
- Ranked in Rowing Achievement order, as determined by the UTS Haberfield Rowing Club Head Coach.
- Likelihood that the receipt of the Scholarship will significantly increase the candidate’s academic and rowing progress at a higher level of performance than would otherwise be the case.
- Ability to publically represent UTS/Insearch, ActivateUTS and UTSHRC as an Elite Rower.
- Candidates may be required to attend an interview.
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527