Richard Crookes Constructions Merit Scholarship for Women
$15,000 + Paid Work Placement
Paid over 2 year
The Richard Crookes Constructions Merit Scholarship for Women has been established to recognise the academic excellence of female students in fields of study relevant to the building industry, with the desire to support and increase the number of qualified female professionals in the building industry.
The Scholarship will support female students in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology (FEIT) and/or the Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building (DAB).
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Commencing the first year in one of the specified UTS degrees with relevant majors;
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice degree (majoring in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering); or
- Bachelor of Engineering, Diploma in Engineering Practice course (majoring in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering);/or
- combined Bachelor of Engineering course (with a major in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering); or
- Bachelor of Construction Project Management course; or
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture or
- Bachelor Design in Architecture / B. Design in Creative Intelligence and Innovation; and
- For the duration of the Scholarship: full-time in one of the specified degrees and relevant majors; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible; and
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person
- Academic merit (ATAR) ;
- Motivation to pursue a career in the building industry, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview;
- Personal achievements, showing extra-curricular excellence such as community activities and otherwise, as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview.
Need more information? Contact...
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527