Peter & Sharon Ivany Access Scholarship
Paid over 1 year
The scholarship has been established to support a student commencing or continuing in the UTS Bachelor of Management (C10342) undergraduate degree with a Sports Business major (MAJ08976), who demonstrates financial need and\or other educational disadvantage(s).
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Commencing Students:
- their first year of the Bachelor of Management (C10342) with a Sports Business major (MAJ 08976) in the Autumn session directly following the Scholarship selection
- Current Students:
- Continuing into the second or third year of the Bachelor of Management (C10342) with a Sports Business Major (MAJ08976); and
- For the duration of the Scholarship - full-time enrolment in the Bachelor of Management (C10342) with a Sports Business major (MAJ 08976) unless Part-time study has been approved; and
- Have applied through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) for an Equity Scholarship and/or Educational Access Scheme and therein demonstrated financial disadvantage and/or other educational barriers; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
- Financial need and\or other equity circumstances as assessed by the UAC Equity Scholarship application above. Applicants who have experienced long-term educational disadvantage and/or financial hardship due to any of the following, will be considered:
- from low socio-economic status backgrounds (low SES); and/or
- from non-English speaking backgrounds (NESB); and/or
- people with disabilities or long term medical conditions; and/or
- from regional and remote areas; and/or
- Indigenous Australian students; and/or
- Experiencing educational barriers and/or personal hardship (including but not limited to carers, sole parents, refugees).
- Motivation to succeed in the UTS Bachelor of Management degree as demonstrated in the scholarship application.
- Demonstrated initiative to seek opportunities to continually advance their professional and personal lives, as demonstrated in the scholarship application.
How to apply
Applications are currently open. To apply for this Scholarship please complete the online Scholarship Application Form.
By completing this form you can choose to apply for both the Peter & Sharon Ivany Access Scholarship and the Peter & Sharon Ivany Academic Achievement.
Applications close at midnight Monday 2 April 2018. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To meet the equity eligibility requirement for the Access Scholarship you must complete the UAC Equity Scholarship Application
Need more information? Contact...
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527