NSW Data Analytics Centre Scholarship
$25,000 - $36,500
6 to 9 months depending on course
The NSW Data Analytics Centre Scholarship was established to incentivise students to complete studies in data analytics/data science, to allow students to apply theoretical and technical knowledge in real life experience and to provide students with professional networking and employment ready skills before graduation. The Data Analytics Projects part of this scholarship will build capability in the public sector to encourage greater use of data and to share and use data more effectively. Please read the Conditions of Award for full details of the Scholarship.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Have successfully completed 48 credit points or greater in their course at the time of the scholarship application; and
- Achieved a Distinction Average/Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 75 or above, with no fails; and
- For the duration of the Scholarship: full-time enrolment in one of the specified UTS undergraduate degrees and relevant majors;
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Diploma in IT Professional Practice
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice and major in ICT Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a major in Data Engineering Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person
- Motivation to pursue a career in data analytics/data science, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview;
- Problem-solving skills, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview;
- Demonstrated initiative to seek opportunities to continually advance their professional and personal lives, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview;
- Academic merit, based on WAM achieved in current UTS course.