Jumbunna Commencement Scholarship
Varies ($500 to $6,000)
One (1) session
This scholarship was established by the Jumbunna Institute for Indigenous Education and Research (‘Jumbunna’) to support commencing Indigenous students at the start of their undergraduate studies at UTS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the scholarship an applicant must:
- be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent and provide either:
- a Confirmation of Aboriginality from a Local Aboriginal Land Council or other Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander organisation; or
- a UTS Statutory Declaration form accompanied by two written references from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people from the applicant’s community who can confirm their identity and are not an immediate family member; and
- commence full time or part time study in an undergraduate course at UTS in either the:
- Autumn session of the year of Scholarship selection, or
- Spring session of the year prior to Scholarship selection; and
- have not previously completed a university degree; and
- have not previously commenced a university degree at UTS.
- Applications are not required for this scholarship as this is not a competitive scholarship.
- Eligible candidates will be identified through UTS and Universities Admission Centre (UAC) data.
- Eligibility criteria above will be used to identify and select all recipients.
Need more information? Contact...
For the full details of this scholarship please see the Conditions of Award.