Jumbunna Accommodation Scholarship
Accommodation + Fortnightly meal allowance
Standard Course Duration
To support Indigenous students that are ineligible for government accommodation funding or other forms of financial support, with accommodation costs and living expenses, and thereby enable them to complete undergraduate or postgraduate study at UTS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander decent (must complete a Confirmation of Aboriginality form and/or provide a statutory declaration); and
- Must first apply for ABSTUDY/RCO payments. If this is not approved by Centrelink then:
- Provide evidence that the application was unsuccessful.
- Commencing or continuing in a UTS undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework or research) course and;
- Residing or intending to reside in one of the UTS Housing residences; and
- Must apply using the Jumbunna IIER Accommodation Scholarship application form.
Not applicable, as this is not a competitive scholarship. Eligibility criteria will be used to identify and select all Recipients.
Need more information? Contact...
Jumbunna Institute for Indigenous Education and Research
Phone: 1800 064 312
For the full details of the Scholarship, please see the Conditions of Award.