The Gradwell Brungs Scholarship
Paid over 2 years
The Gradwell Brungs Scholarship has been established to encourage and assist students facing financial hardship to commence their undergraduate studies at UTS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Be commencing their first year of an undergraduate degree at UTS in the Autumn session directly following the Scholarship selection; and
- Be under 23 years of age at the commencement of the relevant academic year; and
- For the duration of the Scholarship remain enrolled full-time in a UTS undergraduate degree; and
- Have applied through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) for an Equity Scholarship and therein demonstrate financial disadvantage; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible and attend an interview in person.
- Potential for excellence and/or drive as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview; and
- Provision of one (1) signed reference letter on official letterhead and no longer than one page, from an employer, school official or community group leader who can support the claim for potential excellence and/or drive; and
- Motivation to succeed in the chosen UTS degree program as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview; and
- Demonstrated initiative to seek opportunities to continually advance their professional and personal lives, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview
- Financial need and other equity circumstances or educational disadvantages as assessed by the UAC Equity Scholarship application above. Applicants who have experienced long-term educational disadvantage and/or financial hardship due to any of the following will be considered:
- from low socio-economic status backgrounds (low SES); and/or
- from non-English speaking backgrounds (NESB); and/or
- people with disabilities or long term medical conditions; and/or
- from regional and remote areas; and/or
- Indigenous Australian students; and/or
- Experiencing educational barriers and/or personal hardship (including but not limited to carer responsibilities, sole parents, refugees).
Preference will be given to students who meet the financial need criteria and one or more other educational disadvantages as assessed by the UAC Equity Scholarship above.
First UAC preferences to a UTS undergraduate degree at the time of selection will be highly regarded.
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527
Please read the Conditions of Award for the full details of the Scholarship.