The Gradwell Brungs Scholarship
Two (2) years
The Gradwell Brungs Scholarship has been established to encourage and assist students facing financial hardship to commence their undergraduate studies at UTS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the scholarship an applicant must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- be under 23 years of age at the commencement of the relevant academic year; and
- be commencing the first year of any UTS undergraduate course in the Autumn session; and
- be enrolled, or intend to enrol, full time in a UTS undergraduate course; and
- apply for a Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) Equity Scholarship and therein demonstrate financial disadvantage; and
- apply for the scholarship online using the UTS Scholarship Application Form; and
- be available to attend an interview in person.
- Potential for excellence and/or drive as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview;
- Provision of one (1) signed reference letter on official letterhead, no longer than one page, from an employer, school official or community group leader, who can support the claim for potential excellence and/or drive;
- Motivation to succeed in the chosen UTS course as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview;
- Demonstrated initiative to seek opportunities to continually advance their professional and personal lives, as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview;
- Financial need, as demonstrated by the UAC Equity Scholarship application.
In addition to financial need, preference will also be given to students who are able to demonstrate one or more other educational barriers as assessed by the UAC Equity Scholarship, including:
- carer responsibilities;
- English language difficulty;
- Indigenous Australian;
- long-term medical condition, disability, or ongoing effect of abuse;
- refugee status;
- regional or remote background;
- sole parent.
Need more information? Contact...
For the full details of this scholarship please see the Conditions of Award.