Gordon Young Memorial Scholarship
$5,000 - $10,000
The Gordon Young Memorial Scholarship is offered in memory of Gordon Young, the former NSW Director of Physical Education and President of the Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation. The Gordon Young Memorial Scholarship aims to support students and their research in the following broad areas: physical recreation, human movement or sport.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time student(s) with UTS enrolment in either an Honours' degree, a Master's Degree by Research or a PhD degree in the UTS Business School or Faculty of Health; and
- The recipient must be studying in the area of physical recreation, human movement or sport.
- Academic Merit
- A statement of specific research in keeping with the vision of the late Gordon Young
- Motivation to succeed in the field of studies as demonstrated in the application.
- Preference will be given to the field of studies being related to the donor's intended wishes: physical recreation, human movement or sport
How to apply
The application should include your curriculum vitae with at least two referees, academic record and statement of specific research interests in keeping with the vision of the late Gordon Young.
Eligible students should apply to Nico Schulenkorf at the Management Discipline Group for Sports Management related projects or to Rob Bower at the Faculty of Health for Sport and Exercise Science related projects. Please see below for contact details.
All applicants must apply using the online scholarship application form