Faculty of Law Equity Scholarship
Four (4) years
The Faculty of Law Equity Scholarship aims to support commencing UTS undergraduate Law students that demonstrate financial need and support them during their study.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the scholarship an applicant must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- have received an offer through Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) for a UTS Bachelor of Laws (single or combined) degree; and
- have not already obtained any other undergraduate degree; and
- apply for a Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) Equity Scholarship and therein demonstrate financial disadvantage; and
- apply for the scholarship online using the UTS Scholarship Application Form; and
- be available to attend an interview in person.
- Ranked in ATAR or equivalent order (excluding adjustment factors/bonus points.)
- Evidence of financial need and/or other educational barriers as assessed by the UAC Equity Scholarship application.
- Motivation to succeed in the chosen Faculty of Law course, as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview.
- Demonstrated initiative in personal and professional life, as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview.
Additionally, preference may be given to applicants that have experienced any long-term educational barriers as assessed by the UAC Equity Scholarship application. The following types of disadvantage will be considered:
- carer responsibilities;
- English language difficulty;
- Indigenous Australian;
- long-term medical condition, disability, or ongoing effects of abuse;
- refugee status;
- regional or remote background;
- sole parent.
Need more information? Contact...
For the full details of this scholarship please see the Conditions of Award.