Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Undergraduate Student Merit Scholarship
To support continuing, full-time undergraduate UTS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences students who demonstrate financial need. Students experiencing other educational disadvantage(s) may be preferenced.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Enrolled in a UTS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences undergraduate degree in the session the Scholarship is awarded; and
- At the time of Scholarship selection the applicant must have completed 48 credit points of their current UTS undergraduate degree; and
- Have applied through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) for an Equity Scholarship and therein demonstrate financial disadvantage; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarship application form.
Previous recipients of this scholarship will not be eligible for this scholarship in subsequent offerings.
- Academic excellence (GPA), based on results achieved in current course
- Financial disadvantage as demonstrated via the UAC Equity Scholarship application
- Motivation to succeed in the chosen Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences undergraduate degree, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application
- Demonstrated initiative in personal and professional life, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
In addition preference may be given to students that have experienced any long-term educational disadvantage as assessed by the UAC Equity Scholarship. The following equity criteria will be considered:
- Regional or remote background
- Sole parent responsibilities
- Carer responsibilities
- Long-term medical condition / disability or ongoing effects of abuse
- Indigenous Australian
- Refugee background
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: 02 9514 2527