Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Undergraduate Regional Journalism Scholarship
Six (6) sessions
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Undergraduate Regional Journalism Scholarship was established to support commencing regional and remote students acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to operate effectively as journalists in the contemporary news media industry and be job-ready at the completion of their studies.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident, holder of a permanent humanitarian visa, or a New Zealand citizen living in Australia; and
- Enrolled or planning to enrol full time (24 credit points/session) in the Bachelor of Communication (Journalism), including where offered as part of a combined degree; and
- Is not in receipt of scholarship funds for the eligible course of study from:
- the Commonwealth under another Grant program, or
- a State or Territory government of other body
- Satisfies the criteria to be a Regional or Remote student:
- permanently resides in a Regional or Remote Area at the time prior to applying for a Scholarship; or
- has a sufficient connection to a Regional of Remote Area by previously residing in a Regional or Remote Area for a total of at least three out of the last five years or completed their final two years of schooling in a high school or college in a Regional or Remote Area; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarship application form to be eligible.
The Recipient will be selected based on:
- Academic excellence as demonstrated by ATAR (or equivalent); and
- Motivation to succeed in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences journalism undergraduate degree, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application
- Demonstrated Regional or Remote residence status as demonstrated by proof of residential address and proof of high school address (Regional or Remote Area means an area classified as ‘Inner Regional’, ‘Outer Regional’, ‘Remote’, or ‘Very Remote’ under the Australian Bureau of Statistics publication titled, the Australian Statistical Geography Standard, or the equivalent classifications as are amended or replaced by the ABS.)
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527
‘Regional Journalism Scholarships Program—an Australian Government initiative'.
This activity received grant funding from the Australian Government.