Ericsson Scholarship for Women in ICT and Engineering
$24,000 - $39,000
The Ericsson Scholarship for Women in ICT and Engineering was created to deepen and broaden Ericsson Australia’s pool of technology talent by encouraging greater female participation in their workforce. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be Female; and
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Have successfully completed 48 credit points or greater in their course at the time of the scholarship application; and
- Achieved a Credit Average/Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 or above, and
- Enrolled full-time enrolment in one of the specified UTS undergraduate degrees and relevant majors;
o Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Diploma in Information Technology Professional Practice;
o Bachelor of Computing Science (Honours) Diploma in Information technology Professional Practice;
o Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma in Engineering Professional Practice and major in Data, Electronic or Software Engineering; or
o Any combined Degree
- All candidates must be enrolled in either Diploma in Information Technology Professional Practice or Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person
Shortlisted applicants are interviewed and selected based on the below selection criteria.
- Motivation to pursue a career in technology using innovative thinking and exceptional problem-solving skills, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview
- Demonstrated initiative to seek opportunities to continually advance their professional and personal lives, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview
- Academic merit (based on WAM)
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Engineering and IT
Phone: +61 2 9514 2666