The Droga Indigenous Architecture Scholarship Program
Paid over 5 years
The Droga Indigenous Architecture Scholarship Program has been established with the aim to develop meaningful representation in Australian Architecture of Indigenous professionals and supporting a thriving Indigenous contribution to architectural culture and production in Australia, representing approaches to issues of design, construction, sustainability and landscape.
The scholarship will support Indigenous students through the Bachelor and Master degree requirements for professional recognition as an architect.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander (must complete a Confirmation of Aboriginality form or provide a statutory declaration; and
- Commencing full-time enrolment in the Bachelor of Design in Architecture; and
- Achieve an ATAR or equivalent of 69 or above, excluding bonus points or be an applicant who has accepted an offer through the Jumbunna Institute for Indigenous Education and Research Direct Entry Programme; and
- Be a current school leaver or be under 25 years of age at the commencement of the relevant year;
- All applicants must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
- All applicants must be available to attend an interview in person.
As demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview:
- Passion and talent for architecture;
- Motivation and interest in pursuing a career in architecture using innovative thinking and exceptional problem-solving skills;
- Initiative to seek opportunities to continually advance their professional and personal lives.
- Commitment to benefiting the Indigenous community through architectural culture and production.
How to apply
To apply for The Droga Indigenous Architecture Scholarship Program, please submit the online application form by midnight Monday 28 January 2019.
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527