Cox Architecture Scholarship
$5,000 + Paid Work Placement
Paid over 1 year
The aim of the Cox Architecture Scholarship is to encourage academic excellence in the Bachelor of Design in Architecture degree and provide the opportunity for a student to gain insight into the day-to-day operation of the (architectural) profession.
Who is eligible?
- Be enrolling full-time in the Bachelor of Design in Architecture; and
- Have successfully completed a minimum of 96 credit points (or equivalent) in their course at the time of the scholarship application; and
- Be Australian or New Zealand citizens, or holders of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Have achieved a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 80 or above, with no fails; and
- Submit an extended curriculum vitae; and
- Submit a digital portfolio (max 3mb) of 6 x A4 landscape pages including:
- five pages of digital files of scans and/or photographs (compressed jpegs for web viewing) of original design work appropriate to the course
- one page written submission (150–200 words) that selects and identifies one of the submitted pieces of work, addressing the aims of the work and why it succeeded
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person.
A Design Portfolio Guide from UTS Careers can be found in the links above.
Applicants will be assessed on the following selection criteria.
- Alignment of values, goals and culture with those of COX Architecture
- Knowledge of Architecture
- Motivation and interest in the UTS Architecture course
- Motivation and interest in participating in a paid work placement at COX Architecture
- Personal experience and achievement
- Academic Merit