Cotton Research & Development Corporation (CRDC) Scholarship
Tuition fee 3 years
$30,000 stipend 3 years
In collaboration with the Australian Cotton Research & Development Corporation (CRDC), University of Technology Sydney (UTS) will provide 1 scholarship for eligible domestic applicants to undertake PhD research at UTS under the CRDC Scholarship Scheme.
The working title of the project is “Farm-wide power system optimisation for the Australian cotton industry”, under the supervision of A/Prof. Li Li and Dr. Jiangfeng (Jeff) Zhang. This project will develop a decision support system (DSS) to evaluate available renewable power supply and storage options and investigate the optimal combination of distributed generation and storage systems for cotton farms, by modelling their load demand and power systems. This project will include innovative research exploring the latest advances in microgrid modelling, planning and optimization with a focus on cotton farms. Emerging solutions will be evaluated by case studies on a trial cotton farm.
Who is eligible?
- Applicants much be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Applicants must have completed a Master’s Degree by research or a Bachelor Degree with first class honours, or be regarded by the University as having an equivalent level of attainment;
- Applicants must have applied to be admitted to the PhD degree at UTS
- Applicants must have one of the following research or study experiences: power systems, microgrid and optimization, and
- Applicants should be a good communicator and team player as well as having an affinity with agricultural industries.
Scholarships will be awarded according to the following selection criteria:
- academic merit of the applicant;
- research and other relevant experience of the applicant;
- publication record of the applicant; and,
- quality of the research proposal.
Need more information? Contact...
Dr Li Li
School of Electrical and Data Engineering
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
University of Technology Sydney
Broadway NSW 2007 Australia
Tel: (02) 9514 9961