The Carla Zampatti Foundation Design Award
$25,000 for postgraduate study at a selected international institution.
The Carla Zampatti Foundation Design Award established by the Carla Zampatti Foundation, this award rewards excellence in design by individuals studying fashion and textile at UTS. It supports creativity and innovation and provides a talented student with global ambitions, with generous financial support for postgraduate study at a top ranked international fashion school, with the support of the Carla Zampatti brand and culture.
In addition, the award includes an opportunity for an internship with Carla Zampatti Pty Limited to learn studio practice, business skills and one-on-one mentorship with Carla Zampatti and representatives.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Prize, a candidate must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Fashion and Textiles or equivalent course, in the year for which the award is made
- Has submitted or intends to submit a course application for international postgraduate study in Fashion, focusing on Womenswear
- Preference will be given to students intending to study at one of the following institutions:
- Parsons School of Design (New York)
- Central Saint Martins (London)
- Istituto Marangoni International (Milan)
- Polimoda (Florence)
- Institut Français de la Mode (Paris)
- Other courses/institutions may be considered at the time of selection.
- Must have received a Weighted Average Mark of 72.5 or above in the eligible Honours course.
Candidates meeting the above criteria will be identified and be invited by the Faculty to submit an application.
As evidenced by the submitted portfolio of work and conceptual capsule collection and demonstrated in the interview:
- Quality of or exemplary design work
- Innovativeness in design
- Ability to clearly communicate their design to others
- Knowledge of historical, contemporary and international fashion trends, aesthetics and culture
- Ability of research to inform design thinking
- Fashion business aptitude
- Ability to take a brief into consideration the market and how design flows through to apply to a woman's life
- Ability for the international study experience to increase the applicant's global fashion aspirations and enhance the Australian fashion industry.
Need more information? Contact...
Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building
Phone: (02) 9514 8011
- Invitees will be required to sign a confidentially deed prior to being supplied the Carla Zampatti brand DNA
- Offers will be confirmed in March of the following year after interviews pending the ranked applicants gaining a place in an international postgraduate fashion course.
- The award is contingent on the recipient using the funds for tuition fees only.
- If the Recipient withdraws from the international course before the scheduled commencement or does not use the funds towards tuition fees, any Award payment already made is to be reimbursed to UTS.