Bachelor of Information Technology Co-operative Scholarship Program
Paid over 3 years
The Bachelor of Information Technology is a cooperative education program between the University and sponsoring organisations. The aim of the program is to produce graduates who will become leaders in information technology in Australian organisations. The focus of the graduate's education is in computer-based information systems, with a strong practical flavour. The periods of industry based learning are key to the development of the graduate’s skills. The graduates will also be well versed in business principles and practice, as well as the fundamentals of information technology.
The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) has had over thirty years of experience offering vocationally oriented courses in a wide variety of fields. UTS is renowned for its close links with industry, which have been established via numerous cooperative education and research ventures.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must be/have:
- Australian or New Zealand citizens, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Recent School Leavers; and
- For the duration of the Scholarship: full-time enrolment in a UTS Bachelor of Information Technology undergraduate degree, which is their first undergraduate degree; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS BIT online Scholarship application form to be eligible; and
- Apply through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) for admission into the Bachelor of Information Technology.
- It is expected that students will achieve an ATAR of around 90 or higher. The Faculty may consider applicants whose ATAR falls in the range of 80 to 99.95 (including adjustment points) depending on the quality of their application and interview.
- Scholarships will only be awarded to applicants that personally attend an interview.
- Suitability for admission into the Bachelor of Information Technology as demonstrated by the application and interview.
- Academic Merit (ATAR including applicable Adjustment Factors and interview)
How to apply
Applicants for this Scholarship Program must complete the BIT online application form in addition to applying through UAC.
Need more information? Contact...
The course is 3 years full-time including two separate industry placements with sponsor organisations. Each placement is for the duration of one session.