Australian Indigenous Education Foundation - UTS Scholarship
$10,000 per year + accommodation
Standard course duration
The Australian Indigenous Education Foundation (AEIF) - UTS Scholarship aims to provide support for Indigenous students with accommodation and living expenses and thereby enable Recipients to complete undergraduate or postgraduate study at UTS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander; and
- Be eligible for and in receipt of ABSTUDY, unless otherwise agreed by AIEF; and
- Be an AIEF Alum (having successfully completed Year 12 at an AIEF Partner School), unless otherwise agreed by AIEF; and
- Be (or will be on acceptance) a full-time UTS student undertaking an undergraduate or postgraduate degree and residing at (or intending to reside at) a UTS Housing Service Residence; and
- Require financial assistance to reside at a UTS Housing Service Residence, as assessed by UTS; and
- Not (and will not be) in receipt of any other scholarship, cadetship, internship, employment, careers support or similar unless otherwise agreed by AIEF (including any other AIEF Tertiary Scholarship); and
- Be enthusiastic about the educational opportunity offered by UTS and supportive of the objectives of AIEF and the Scholarship; and
- Commit to participating in relevant AIEF Pathways Program activities and AIEF events and not participate in similar activities arranged by any other program or organisation, unless otherwise agreed by AIEF; and
- Not be an employee of AIEF whilst in receipt of the Scholarship, unless otherwise agreed by AIEF; and
- All applicants must submit a completed AIEF-UTS Scholarship Application Form; and
- All applicants must submit the UTS online Scholarship Application form.
- Involvement in extra-curricular and non-academic activities, particularly those that promote leadership qualities
- Motivation to succeed in your studies at UTS and achieve career and professional goals
- Ability to show initiative in order to overcome challenges
- Commitment to indigenous culture and the community
- That being a recipient of the AIEF-UTS scholarship will help you achieve your full potential.
How to apply
Applications for this scholarship are currently open. To apply please complete the application form.
Need more information? Contact...
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527
This scholarship was formed through a partnership between UTS and the Australian Indigenous Education Foundation (AIEF) that provides eligible Indigenous students with accommodation at a UTS Housing Service residence and a living allowance.
This initiative will support Indigenous students to excel and make a successful transition from study to careers through the AIEF Pathways Program, which also links students to tutoring and services from the Jumbunna Institute for Indigenous Education and Research.