Australian Government Research Training Program Stipend
Living Allowance - $27,596 per annum (2019 rate, indexed)
Up to 3 years (PhD), 2 years (Ms)
Funded by the Commonwealth Government Department of Education and Training, the Australian Government Research Training Program Stipends are open to highly ranked research students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and research potential. This scholarship is valued at $27,596 (2019 rate, indexed) per annum and is provided to assist with general living costs.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a RTP Stipend, a student must:
- be undertaking a higher degree by research (HDR) at UTS in the year of the RTP Stipend; and
- not be receiving an equivalent award, stipend or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the RTP Scholarship stipend rate to undertake the HDR. Income earned from sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule.
Applicants should ensure that they submit their completed application, including all required supporting documentation, by the relevant application deadline. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Students who meet the eligibility requirements will have their application assessed on a competitive basis using a scoring system based on:
- academic merit of the applicant; and
- research and other relevant experience of the applicant; and
- publications record of the applicant; and
- relevance of the proposed research to the University's research strengths.
How to apply
To be considered for an Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship, please apply by the following application deadlines:
30 September 2019 for Autumn (January) 2020 intake
30 April 2020 for Spring (July) 2020 intake
There is no separate Application Form for RTPS scholarships for prospective students. Completing one form will mean that you are considered for all associated scholarships (including RES and UTSD).
New Research Students:
If you wish to be considered for an RTPS and all associated scholarships, tick the YES box in the SCHOLARSHIP/SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION section of your course application. Please refer to How to Apply and Research Training Program Scholarships in the Research Scholarships section of the UTS Research Degrees website for more information.
Applicants must submit their completed application by the relevant application deadline. Incomplete application will not be considered.
Currently Enrolled Students:
Please apply to be considered for scholarship consideration before the deadline as written above by completing a GRS Deferral and Scholarship Application form. Please refer to Research Scholarships on UTS Staff Connect for more information about scholarships.