Australian Government Research Training Program Stipend
$27,596 (2019 rate, indexed)
3 years (PhD) 2 years (Ms)
Funded by the Commonwealth Government Department of Education and Training, the Australian Government Research Training Program Stipends are open to highly ranked research students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and research potential. This scholarship is valued at $27,082 (2018 rate, indexed) per annum and is provided to assist with general living costs.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a RTP Stipend, a student must:
- be undertaking a higher degree by research (HDR) at UTS in the year of the RTP Stipend; and
- be enrolled as a full-time student.
Students who meet the eligibility requirements will have their application assessed on a competitive basis using a scoring system based on:
- academic merit of the applicant; and
- research and other relevant experience of the applicant; and
- publications record of the applicant; and
- relevance of the proposed research to the University's research strengths.
How to apply
Closing date is 30 September 2018 for Autumn 2019
Closing date is 30 April 2019 for Spring 2019
Closing date is 30 September 2019 for Autumn 2020
When you submit your online application to study at UTS, you will be automatically assessed for the RTP Stipend providing you tick the box that says ‘I want to be considered for UTS scholarships’ on the online application form.The online application form is available here: www.uts.edu.au/research-and-teaching/research-degrees/applying-uts/how-apply
Currently enrolled students can apply
Need more information? Contact...
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1336