Australian Government Research Training Program Stipend
$27,082 (2018 rate)
3 years (PhD) 2 years (Ms)
Funded by the Commonwealth Government Department of Education and Training, the Australian Government Research Training Program Stipends are open to highly ranked research students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and research potential. This scholarship is valued at $27,082 (2018 rate, indexed) per annum and is provided to assist with general living costs.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a RTP Stipend, a student must:
- be undertaking a higher degree by research (HDR) at UTS in the year of the RTP Stipend; and
- be enrolled as a full-time student, and
- not be receiving an equivalent award, stipend or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the RTP Scholarship stipend rate to undertake the HDR. Income earned from sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule.
Students who meet the eligibility requirements will have their application assessed on a competitive basis using a scoring system based on:
- academic merit of the applicant; and
- research and other relevant experience of the applicant; and
- publications record of the applicant; and
- relevance of the proposed research to the University's research strengths.
How to apply
Closing date 30/04/18 for Spring 2018
When you submit your online application to study at UTS, you will be automatically assessed for the RTP Stipend providing you tick the box that says ‘I want to be considered for UTS scholarships’ on the online application form.The online application form is available here: www.uts.edu.au/research-and-teaching/research-degrees/applying-uts/how-apply
Currently enrolled students can apply
Need more information? Contact...
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1336