Agilent Technologies Prize for Most Competent Analytical Chemist
$500 + Certificate
This prize was established in 2004 and recognises outstanding practical skills in the subject 65606 Analytical Chemistry 3. The main focus of the practical component of this subject is to consolidate the skills that the students have learnt and practised throughout the analytical strand. The students are required to research, develop and implement an instrumental analytical method. This prize recognises leadership, excellent standard and sample preparation, and initiative to promote understanding and operation of the instrumentation.
Please read the Conditions of Award for the full details of the Prize.
Who is eligible?
The Recipient must:
- Be enrolled as a student in the Applied Chemistry major in the year for which the award is made; and
- Receive a result in the subject 65606 Analytical Instrumentation 2 in the year for which the award is made; and
- Not have had any prior results in this subject; and
- The result received must be a minimum of 75/D.
- The highest final overall mark awarded in the subject 65606 Analytical Instrumentation
- In the event that two or more eligible students have the same highest final mark, the following criteria will be considered:
- The highest aggregated marks for the practical component in the subject 65602 Analytical Instrumentation 2;
- Performance in subject 65606 Analytical Instrumentation 2 outside of formal assessment that demonstrates mastery of and engagement in the subject;
- Overall academic performance in the student’s award course, including GPA, whether the student has failed other subjects, received academic cautions or had a finding of misconduct made against them.