UTS Young Alumni program
The UTS Young Alumni program, driven by the UTS Young Alumni Committee, creates opportunities for our graduates to connect, collaborate, empower each other to grow, and make a difference in the wider community.
We are passionate about supporting our recent graduates as they embark upon their professional careers and start making their mark on the world. We want to help you reach for the stars!
This program defines young alumni as 35 years old and younger, or those within five years of graduating.
Meet your committee
The UTS Young Alumni Committee are your advocates and ambassadors. Representing faculties from across the university, these ambitious and inspiring graduates are at different stages of their careers, but all have forged a meaningful, lifelong connection to the UTS community.
Your inaugural 2020 committee are:
- Adrian Lal (Bachelor of Biomedical Science, 2018)
- Scott McKeon (Bachelor of Engineering, Diploma of Engineering Practice, 2018)
- Aaron Ngan (Bachelor of Business, 2016)
- Lauren Perry (Bachelor of Arts in Communication – Social Inquiry & Bachelor of Arts in International Studies, 2016)
- Gabriela Sanchez (Bachelor of Arts in Communication – Social Inquiry & Bachelor of Arts in International Studies, 2016)
- Uzair Tanveer (Master of Engineering, 2019)
- Ethan Watters (Bachelor of Nursing, 2016)
- Ashleigh Werner (Bachelor of Business & Bachelor of Arts in International Studies, 2019)
- Christopher Aaron Yong (Bachelor of Business & Bachelor of Laws – Hons 1, 2018)
- Karen Zhang (Bachelor of Business, Accounting and Finance, 2016)
The committee consists of up to 12 members, each of whom is appointed for a 12-month term with an option for a second year. They meet once a month for an hour, and they curate the Young Alumni program; facilitate connections between current students, industry partners and the alumni community; and grow the UTS alumni network.
Please reach out to them in person or online at any time to share your ideas, feedback, or even just to say hi!
From mastering the art of networking and learning how to do your tax, to trivia nights and exclusive workshop invites – we’ve got your professional and personal development opportunities covered. Sign up for the latest UTS Young Alumni events on our events page.
You can also learn more about the program here.
Please note that due to COVID-19, a number of planned events have been postponed to later in 2020 and 2021.
Interested in learning more about the program or have an idea for an event? Contact Megs Hermann, Alumni and Community Relations Coordinator.