UTS rewards achievement and recognises those with motivation to succeed.
UTS Engineering has a variety of scholarships on offer to incoming student students to help support career aspirations.
Most of our scholarships are industry sponsored which means that aside from the financial benefit, they promote your development as a future leader in engineering.
Scholarships are mostly available to undergraduate future and current students, with a limited number offered to undergraduate and postgraduate international students.
Scholarships for women
The Faculty is pleased to offer two new scholarships for 2018, the Women in Engineering and IT Cooperative Scholarship and the Faculty of Engineering and IT Women in Engineering and IT Scholarship.
Financial hardship or educational disadvantage
We also have a number of scholarships for those who've experienced financial hardship or educational disadvantage.
Scholarships for international students
Take a look at the range of scholarships on offer to international students.
Read profiles of our current engineering scholars and their advice on the application and interview process.
Prizes and awards
Each faculty at UTS offers prizes to recognise the accomplishments of high performing students. These prizes are made available through the generosity of private individuals and public organisations.
Prizes may be offered each session, annually or biennially and may take the form of cash payments, medals, books, vouchers or other items.
Most prizes will be awarded only when a student has attained a mark or level of achievement which is considered to be sufficiently high by the relevant faculty board.
UTS Engineering awards over 20 prizes annually to high achievers.
- Alan Chappel Engineering Innovation Prize
- Association of Consulting Structural Engineers (ACSE) Design Award
- Ausgrid Prize in Power Engineering
- C R Kennedy Prize
- Concrete Pipe Association of Australasia Prize
- CSE-Uniserve Power Engineering Prize
- Dean's Capstone Presentation Award
- Dean's Merit List Award
- Eldred G Bishop Prize
- Electric Energy Society of Australia Prize
- Engineers Australia Civil and Structural Panel (Sydney Division) Prize
- Francis E Feledy Memorial Prize
- George J Haggarty Civil Engineering Prize
- Hanson Prize
- Institution of Engineering and Technology – E C Parkinson Prize
- Institution of Engineering and Technology – Manufacturing Engineering Prize
- Institution of Engineering and Technology Prize
- Jack Kaganer Prize
- John Heine Memorial Foundation Continuing Education Prize
- John Heine Memorial Foundation Prizes
- Richard Whitfeld Prize
- RS Components Pty Ltd Prize
- Steel Reinforcement Institute of Australia (SRIA) Award
- The Institute of Instrumentation Control and Automation (IICA) – Electrical
- The Institute of Instrumentation Control and Automation (IICA) – Mechanical
- The Institute of Public Works Engineering Australia NSW Division Medal
- The Victor E Shalala Memorial Achievement Award
- Trevor Buchner Design Prize
- Zonta Club of Sydney Breakfast Award