UTS Engineering has a variety of scholarships on offer to students who can demonstrate high academic performance with good communication, leadership and creativity.
Scholarships are mostly available to undergraduate future and current students, with a limited number offered to undergraduate and postgraduate international students.
The Faculty is pleased to offer two new scholarships for 2018, the Women in Engineering and IT Cooperative Scholarship and the Faculty of Engineering and IT Women in Engineering and IT Scholarship.
Most of our scholarships are industry sponsored which means that aside from the financial benefit, they promote your development as a future leader in engineering. We also have a number of scholarships for those who've experienced financial hardship or educational disadvantage.
Most of our current student scholarships in the undergraduate program are also sponsored by industry and offer you the opportunity to complete one or both of your internships with the sponsor.
Research students have a number of scholarships that they can apply for which are sponsored by the Faculty and UTS.
Read profiles of our current engineering scholars and their advice on the application and interview process.
Prizes and awards
UTS Engineering awards over 20 prizes annually to high achievers.
- Alan Chappel Engineering Innovation Prize
- Association of Consulting Structural Engineers (ACSE) Design Award
- Ausgrid Prize in Power Engineering
- C R Kennedy Prize
- Concrete Pipe Association of Australasia Prize
- CSE-Uniserve Power Engineering Prize
- Dean's Capstone Presentation Award
- Dean's Merit List Award
- Eldred G Bishop Prize
- Electric Energy Society of Australia Prize
- Engineers Australia Civil and Structural Panel (Sydney Division) Prize
- Francis E Feledy Memorial Prize
- George J Haggarty Civil Engineering Prize
- Hanson Prize
- Institution of Engineering and Technology – E C Parkinson Prize
- Institution of Engineering and Technology – Manufacturing Engineering Prize
- Institution of Engineering and Technology Prize
- Jack Kaganer Prize
- John Heine Memorial Foundation Continuing Education Prize
- John Heine Memorial Foundation Prizes
- Richard Whitfeld Prize
- RS Components Pty Ltd Prize
- Steel Reinforcement Institute of Australia (SRIA) Award
- The Institute of Instrumentation Control and Automation (IICA) – Electrical
- The Institute of Instrumentation Control and Automation (IICA) – Mechanical
- The Institute of Public Works Engineering Australia NSW Division Medal
- The Victor E Shalala Memorial Achievement Award
- Trevor Buchner Design Prize
- Zonta Club of Sydney Breakfast Award