Online writing review
HELPS provides an opportunity to send written feedback on your draft via email.
Feedback may include advice on:
- structure and argument
- style and expression
- Students will not be able to interact with advisor during the online writing review session.
- Word limit of 2000 words maximum.
- We are not able to ‘fix’ or ‘rewrite’ your draft. Instead we will show you how you can learn to do it yourself.
- We cannot help you with the subject content nor indicate your mark or grade.
How to Book
To book a session, please contact HELPS on 9514 9733 or email email@example.com.
To make the booking process quicker, please include the following details in your request:
- Preferred date for appointment
- Subject name
- Assignment type e.g. essay, report, case study etc.
- Main area of concern (optional) e.g. structure, referencing, grammar etc.
When you book to attend, please remember:
- When you have successfully booked into a session, you will receive a confirmation email.
- By 12 midnight the day before the scheduled session, you must upload all the assignment-related materials (your draft, assignment question and marking criteria).
- Advisor will spend about 30-minutes to read through and write comments on your draft, which will be sent to you before end of business hours (Mon-Thu: 6pm & Fri: 5pm).
- If your circumstances change and you're no longer need the booked session, please make sure to cancel it at least 24 hours beforehand.
- If you haven't uploaded your draft, your sessions will be considered 'no-shows'.
- Students with two 'no-shows' may still receive assistance on a drop-in basis.
- Students can have 1 appointment per week.
- A session must be booked/ cancelled/ entered into the waiting list at least 24 hour before appointment. However, it is possible to book a session within 24 hours if available sessions exist or under extenuating circumstances.
- Students can only be placed in the waiting list for a maximum of 3 sessions for the week. However, it is possible to be placed on more than 3 under extenuating circumstances.
- After 2 no-shows, students are prohibited from making any appointments. This will remain for a period of 2 sessions (current + following session) unless management intervention has been sought.
- Students can have a maximum of 3 appointments in advance. However, each appointment has to be for a different assignment and requires a drop-in session unless extenuating circumstances.
- Students may have a maximum of 2 appointments for one assignment only if a referral was made by a HELPS Advisor following an initial consultation session.