Our chaplains can help you if you are going through a personal crisis, feeling homesick or lonely, need special consideration, have a prayer request, or are curious about spiritual questions.
We offer individual or group spiritual counselling, support, prayer and meditation groups, religious education and workshops on a variety of topics, in order to support the faith development of the campus community.
Chaplains can offer support by:
- being available at critical moments to facilitate your personal and spiritual growth
- providing personal and/or spiritual support regardless of faith tradition
- connecting you with appropriate groups for support.
In this climate of diversity and challenging global issues chaplains may also:
- facilitate discussion groups on a wide variety of theological, ethical and justice-related concerns
- provide advice and assistance to the campus community at times of celebration, mourning and transition
- encourage and nurture the development of a sense of shared community
- create an environment of multi-faith respect and cooperation.
Multi-faith meditation series
UTS chaplains conduct a series of meditations through the session, offering students and staff an opportunity to experience a variety of traditions. No experience is required, and we don’t assume prior knowledge.
Meditation session times
Tuesdays, 1pm and 4pm (room CB.03.05.008)
Fridays, 12 noon and 4pm (room CB.03.05.17a)
Thursday times negotiable
We’d love to see you at some of our forums and discussion groups during semester this year. These are often held around the middle of the day during Semester. Contact Chaplaincy for more information.
To be confirmed