General access assistance
If you are studying part time due to the impacts of your disability or ongoing health condition, contact your Accessibility Consultant (AC) to discuss the possibility of obtaining travel concession.
If you are able to provide the necessary documentation from your health professional, your AC will work with you to make this request/recommendation to Student Administration.
Accessible parking for students is available on campus. You will need:
- A current/valid RMS Mobility Parking Scheme permit and
- A UTS accessible parking permit, which can obtained from the Accessibility Service.
Please note: Accessible parking at UTS is enforced by UTS Security, which is authorised to issue parking tickets under an agreement with the NSW RMS and Police. This ensures that the accessible parking on campus is exclusively available to UTS staff and students.
Accessibility information email list (AccessInfo)
We have an email list for students registered with the Accessibility Service to provide updates and information, such as:
- updates that are relevant to UTS students registered with the Accessibility Service
- career focussed opportunities (specific to disability) ie. internships
- requests for input and feedback or participation in research into accessibility related areas of University developments
To subscribe, email: Accessibility@uts.edu.au
Access to Student Services Unit Resource Room (SSURR) & Library Assistive Technology Rooms (LATR)
Access to the Student Services Unit Resource Room and Library Assistive Technology Rooms is organised by the Accessibility Service.
The Student Services Unit Resource Room (SSURR) is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day except between 24 December and 2 January and any other periods during which the Building is closed by the University. The SSURR is accessed using your Student ID card.
The UTS Library Assistive Technology Rooms (LATR) are available when the library is open, check the opening hours.
- Assistive Technologies Room 2.a can be accessed using your student ID card.
- Assistive Technologies Room 2.b is for individual use and can be booked via the Library room booking system.