"It is interesting to see that in a lot of subjects, in subsequent sessions, they took the feedback from previous session and made changes. It's very comforting to see that my feedback has been taken seriously."
Ivan-Pavao Peric, former UTS student
A short, early-session survey has been introduced to gather early feedback on your subjects. The data gathered allows teaching staff sufficient time during the current session to address any issues of concern, aiming at improving the learning experience of their current cohort of students.
The longer, late-session survey has been updated and redesigned to strengthen the focus on student engagement and learning and to allow faculties to align learning mode questions that are most relevant for the subject.
Early Feedback Survey (EFS)
The short EFS questionnaire is conducted early in the session and consists of the following items:
- I know what is expected of me in this subject as stated in the subject outline
- I am making the most of my opportunities to learn in this subject
- Overall I am satisfied with the quality of this subject so far
As well as these 3 items, each survey also contains the following open-ended question:
- Please enter any comments on your learning experience so far
Student Feedback Survey (SFS)
The longer SFS questionnaire is conducted at the end of the session and comprises of:
- Core items - all subjects have the following 3 subject-focused and 1 teacher-focused items:
- The learning opportunities provided helped me meet the stated objectives of this subject
- I made the most of my opportunities to learn in this subject
- Overall, I am satisfied with the quality of this subject
- Overall, I am satisfied with how this staff member facilitated my learning
- Learning mode items - subject coordinators can choose up to 2 Learning modes (each with 2 items), as relevant to their respective subject delivery and learner experience. At present the suite of Learning modes includes:
- Professional Practice/Disposition
- Global Workplace
- Trans-disciplinary Course
- Indigenous Professional Competence
- Optional items - teaching staff can choose a maximum of 2 extra items
As well as the items above, each survey also contains the following open-ended questions:
- What did you particularly like in this subject?
- Please suggest any improvements that could be made to this subject
Next survey periods
The Spring 2017 EFS was open during week 4 (Monday 14th August to Monday 21st August).
The Spring 2017 SFS will be open during weeks 11, 12, StuVac week and Exams week 1 (Monday 9th October to Sunday 5th November).
Check your inbox during these weeks for an invite (from email address firstname.lastname@example.org) and the survey link. There are great prizes to be won, including a $1,000 prepaid Visa card!
The SFS is managed by PQU's Surveys team. For more information, please contact Alberto Mendez.