The School of Electrical and Data Engineering is deeply engaged in research of national and international standing in many areas.
Key areas include: wireless communications and networking, Internet of Things (IoT), applied electro-magnetics and antennas, electrical systems and power electronics, image processing, computer vision, machine learning, cybersecurity, big data analytics and big data systems, and RF IC design.
Our School hosts three IEEE Fellows and 3 ARC DECRA grant holders and we conduct research funded by government agencies and national and international industry partner. For more information please visit our Industry webpage.
In addition, the School hosts four research labs:
- Perceptual Imaging Lab (PILab)
- Integrated Nano Systems Lab (INSys Lab)
- Centre for Electrical Machines and Power Electronics (CEMPE)
- RF and Communication Technologies (RFCT) research lab
Please also visit our individual academic staff pages for more information about our research activities. UTS has established Joint Research Programs, Dual PhD Programs and Research Agreements with key international partners. Leveraging on these Programs, our School has international research collaborations with the following institutions:
- The University of Arizona, USA
- Beijing Institute of Technology, China
- Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
- Centrale – Supelec, France
- Danang University, Vietnam
- Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam
- Hokkaido University, Japan
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, Vietnam
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
- Vietnam National University, Vietnam