UTS site search

Essential information


The application process for undergraduate study at UTS varies depending on what type of applicant you are.

High school student

If you are currently studying at secondary school in Australia, or completing year 12 at TAFE, you can apply to uni as a current school leaver. This includes international students currently enrolled at Australian high schools. 

Non-current school leaver

If you are not completing year 12 at school or TAFE, and / or have been previously enrolled in tertiary education, you can apply to uni as a non-current school leaver

Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander

If you identify as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, you have the option of applying for entry into uni through the Jumbunna Indigenous House of Learning

International student

If you are an international student, and you are not currently studying at a high school in Australia, you can apply using different criteria as an international student

Direct applications

For a small number of undergraduate courses, such as honours degrees and Adult Education courses, you need to apply directly to UTS.