On This Page
All undergraduate courses have an Autumn Session (February) intake and many also have a Spring Session (July) intake.
- Check that you are eligible for admission by viewing the undergraduate admission requirements.
- Apply online through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) (opens external site).
Year 12 applicants
Your ATAR will determine your eligibility for entry into our undergraduate courses. Search the ATAR cut-offs for students who commenced in 2017.
If you fall short of the cut-off, you could still potentially gain admission to one of our courses with the Year 12 Bonus Scheme.
We also encourage you to complete the Year 12 Engineering Questionnaire as you may be eligible for an early round UAC offer into your chosen course. This early offer is dependent on ATAR and responses to the questionnaire.
Non-Year 12 applicants
If you are not completing Year 12 in 2016, you are a non-current school leaver and you must meet the eligibility criteria. You are strongly advised to include your work experience on your UAC application.
If you are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident and are not completing Year 12 at an Australian high school or TAFE, you need to apply through UTS International.
Although there are no formal subject prerequisites, our courses have assumed knowledge in certain HSC subjects.
Students must also meet our English language requirements.
Educational access schemes and alternative entry pathways
UTS has a number of educational access schemes to ensure people from a wide range of backgrounds have the opportunity to access our courses.
Other alternative entry pathways include:
You can submit your application:
- Online through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) (opens external site) - an application fee applies. Applying online is quick and easy as UAC is able to source records of tertiary study completed in Australia; or
- In person at one of our postgraduate information evenings - no application fee. Information evenings are normally held in September and January for the Autumn intake, and April and June for the Spring intake. Direct applicants must bring all required documentation on the night in order to take advantage of this opportunity.
Some of our courses have additional application requirements. Please check whether this applies to your preferred course.
UAC application closing dates 2017
|Commencing||Main Round||Final Round|
|Autumn Session (February)||31 October 2016||31 January 2017|
|Spring Session (July)||31 May 2017||30 June 2017|
If you are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident, you need to apply through UTS International.
Students whose prior education was not conducted in English must also meet our English language requirements.
Application closing dates for admission in 2017 are:
- Autumn Session (February): 31 October 2016*
- Spring Session (July): 31 May 2017*
* Applications submitted after this date may be accepted.
The following links will help you identify your proposed area of research and potential supervisor(s):
The Faculty’s research team will help guide you through this step.
Applications to research degrees are processed by the University's Graduate Research School. For detailed information on the application process, select the category that applies to you:
Application procedures and closing dates for non-award and cross-institutional study can be found here.