Students who have family/carer responsibilities or are pregnant can apply for assessment adjustment arrangements for their study.
Please book a meeting with your Academic Liaison Officer (ALO) prior to the census date. Students enrolled in a double degree will need to speak to their ALOs in both faculties. Your ALO will carry out a full assessment and will be able to explain your options to you. If you are not satisfied with the ALO's arrangements, you can appeal to your Responsible Academic Officer and/or Associate Dean.
For your meeting with your ALO, you'll need to bring the following:
1. Documentation outlining your carer responsibilities and the impact on your study, such as:
- a letter from your GP/Counsellor/other health professional.
- a copy of your Medicare card (indicating dependents),
- relevant documentation from Centrelink or Medicare,
- birth certificates
- or a statutory declaration (available at newsagents, post offices or student services)
Please note, if you have any difficulty obtaining documentation, please consider contacting the UTS Counselling Service who can talk through documentation options in more detail with you.
2. A list of your subjects and any available course outlines