Rosa has over 30 years of clinical experience working across the lifespan with children, adults and older adults in health settings. She worked primarily as a Clinical Neuropsychologist and also as an Orthoptist in her early career in both hospitals and private practice. Rosa moved into academia and established the Cognitive Assessment Services in the Psychology Clinic at UTS in 2015. She currently teaches and supervises clinical psychology trainees who provide cognitive assessments for neurodevelopmental and neurocognitive disorders. Rosa also sees children and adults in her private practice on a part time basis for neuropsychological assessment and treatment. In addition, she provides educational and professional development workshops for NSW/ACT Guide Dog’s Association and other organisations.
Rosa previously worked as a Clinical Neuropsychologist for 21 years with adults at Concord Hospital (Psychology, Neurology and Medical Departments) and for 6 years with children and families at Sydney Children’s Hospital Network (Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program and Neurology, Oncology and Epilepsy Department). She also worked as an Orthoptist for 5 years providing visual assessments in ophthalmology and public hospital clinics (Western Sydney Developmental Disability Service, Greenwich and Blacktown Hospitals).
- Full endorsement as a Clinical Neuropsychologist by the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA)
- Approved Supervisor with the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA)
- Member of Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Full member of the College of Clinical Neuropsychology (CCN)
- Member of the Australian Society for the Society of Brain Impairment. (ASSBI)
- Neuropsychology and neuroscience - understanding relationship between brain, physiological, cognitive and psychosocial functioning
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders (Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Specific Learning Disorder)
- Neurocognitive Disorders (stroke, dementia, brain injury)
- Neurological visual processing disorders (e.g. visuospatial neglect and cortical blindness)
96049 - Assessment Across the Lifespan
96047 - Clinical Placement 1
96043 - Clinical Placement 2
- NSW/ACT Guide Dog's Association: Clinical Neuropyschology and Professional Development Consultancy service