A hard-working, result driven and highly self-motivated individual with expertise in polymer chemistry, paints, and coating. I have a diversified background developed through the exposure to different parts of the world. I have completed my Ph.D. from Monash University, Australia. My Ph.D. is being funded and supported by PPG Industries where we are trying to develop polymers from renewable resources for coating application. During my Ph.D., I have spent four months in PPG Australia as a development chemist working on a project on water-reducible polyester resin for coil coating application. Along with this, I have spent significant time in PPG for training in different resin synthesis and paint formulations and characterizations. I am currently working on bio-based polymer with various end use applications.
My key skills and specialties are as follows:
- In-depth understanding of polymers, structure-property relationships, synthesis and chemistry with significant knowledge of paints and coatings, formulation, applications, and characterizations.
- Sound understanding and experience biomass resources and biopolymers, organic synthesis, monomer and flatform molecule synthesis for polymer applications. In-depth knowledge of polymer synthesis: free radical polymerization, reversible addition fragmentation chain transfer reaction (RAFT), condensation polymerization, solution polymerization, emulsion polymerization, solvent based and water-reducible polyester synthesis, polyacrylics-grafted polyester (PGA) synthesis, polyacrylics synthesis for automotive refinish coatings.
- Hands-on experience of working with analytical Techniques: NMR, IR, Mass-spectrometry, GPC, UV, DSC, TGA, DMA, mechanical properties measurements.
- Experience with technical writing demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills along with an excellent communication and interpersonal skills developed through active participation in different conferences and seminars across the world and through writing papers and patents.
- Polymer chemistry, polymer synthesis, processing and characterizations.
- Paints and coatings, plastics, elastomers and fibres.
- Bio-based polymer, extraction, sythesis and characterizations.