Dr. Hao Tian is now a Postdoctoral Research Associate under the supervision of Prof. Hao Liu and Prof. Guoxiu Wang in the Centre for Clean Energy Technology, University of Technology Sydney. He received his B. S. major in Chemistry (National Base for Fostering Talents in Basic Science) from Lanzhou University in 2009, M. S. from Lanzhou University in 2012 and University of New South Wales in 2014, his Ph.D. from Curtin University under the supervision of Prof. Jian Liu and Prof. Shaomin Liu in 2018. In 2016, he took an exchange scholarship to visit Prof Zhiqun Lin’s group at Georgia Institute of Technology.
Research experiences in fabrication and characterization of hollow, core-shell, yolk shell structured nanoparticles and single atom catalysts in the field of energy storage and conversion such as supercapacitor, batteries and catalysts.
Skilled microscopist of Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) and Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM). Expertise on operation on SEM facilities such as Zeiss Supra, Evo, Neon, Verio, Helios; TEM facilities such as Tecnai T20, JEOL 2100 and FEI Titan G2 80-200, especially on advanced TEM techniques such as HRTEM, SAED, HAADF, STEM-element mapping and EELS.
Awards & Honours: Curtin Strategic International Research Scholarship (CSIRS), Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-Financed Students Abroad (2016), Curtin University Mobility Scholarship (2016)
Memberships: Australian Nanotechnology Network
- Hao Tian, Fei Huang, Yihan Zhu, Shaomin Liu, Yu Han, Mietek Jaroniec, Qihua Yang, Hongyang Liu, Gao Qing Max Lu, and Jian Liu, Adv. Funct. Mater. 2018, 28,1801737. (Back Cover)
- Hao Tian, Songcan Wang, Chi Zhang, Mietek Jaroniec, Lianzhou Wang and Jian Liu, J. Mater. Chem. A, 2017, 5, 11615–11622. (Back Cover)
- Hao Tian, Hao Liu, Tianyu Yang, Jean-Pierre Veder, Guoxiu Wang, Ming Hu, Shaobin Wang, Mietek Jaroniec and Jian Liu, Mater. Chem. Front., 2017, 1, 823-830. (Front Cover)
- Yash Boyjoo, Yi Cheng, Hua Zhong, Hao Tian, Jian Pan, Vishnu K. Pareek, San Ping Jiang, Jean-François Lamonier, Mietek Jaroniec and Jian Liu, Carbon, 2017, 116, 490-499.
- *Hao Tian, Martin Saunders, Aaron Dodd, Kane O'Donnell, Mietek Jaroniec, Shaomin Liu and Jian Liu, J. Mater. Chem. A, 2016, 4, 3721-3727. (Back Cover)
- Hao Tian, Jian Liu, Kane O’Donnell, Tingting Liu, Xinmei Liu, Zifeng Yan, Shaomin Liu, Mietek Jaroniec. J. Colloid Interface Sci., 2016, 476, 55-61. (Front Cover)
- Chi Zhang, Hao Tian, Dong Yang, Jaka Sunarso, Jian Liu, Shaomin Liu, ChemSusChem, 2016, 9, 502-512.
- Zhangfeng Shen, Guiqiang Wang, Hao Tian, Jaka Sunarso, Lihong Liu, Jian Liu, Shaomin Liu, Electrochim. Acta, 2016, 216, 429-437.
- Juming Liu, Lu Han, Huiyan Ma, Hao Tian, Jucai Yang, Qiancheng Zhang, Benjamin J Seligmann, Shaobin Wang and Jian Liu, Science Bulletin, 2016, 61,1543-1550.
- Tingting Liu, Hao Tian, Jian Liu, Lihong Liu and Shaomin Liu, J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol., 2016, 16, 9173-9179.
- Jun Yong Chan, Kun Zhang, Chi Zhang, Hao Tian, Shaomin Liu. Ceram. Int., 2015, 10, 14935-14940.
- Hao Tian, Xiaoli Zhang, Jason Scott, Charlene Ng and Rose Amal, J. Mater. Chem. A, 2014, 2, 6432.
- Cunji Gao, Xiaojie Jin, Xuhuan Yan, Peng An, Yu Zhang, Liangliang Liu, Hao Tian, Weisheng Liu, Xiaojun Yao, Yu Tang. Sens. Actuators, B, 2013, 176, 775-781.
- Hao Tian, Bo Li, Junling Zhu, Haiping Wang, Yiran Li, Jun Xu, Jianwei Wang, Junling Zhu, Zhihong Sun, Xiaoguang Huang, Xuhuan Yan, Qin Wang, Wei Wang, Yu Tang, Wei Wang, Xiaojun Yao. Dalton Trans., 2012, 41, 2060-2065.
- Jianwei Wang, Jiang Wu, Yanmei Chen, Haiping Wang, Yiran Li, Weisheng Liu, Hao Tian, Ting Zhang, Jun Xu and Yu Tang, Dalton Trans., 2012, 41, 12936-12941.
- Jun Xu, Lei Jia, Yufei Ma, Xiao Liu, Hao Tian, Weisheng Liu, Yu Tang, Mater. Chem. Phys., 2012, 136,112-119.
- Hao Tian, Bo Li, Haiping Wang, Yiran Li, Jianwei Wang, Shuna Zhao, Junling Zhu, Qin Wang, Weisheng Liu, Xiaojun Yao and Yu Tang, J. Mater. Chem., 2011, 21, 10298-10303.
- Jun Xu, Zhihong Sun, Lei Jia, Bo Li, Long Zhao, Xiao Liu, Yufei Ma, Hao Tian, Qin Wang, Weisheng Liu and Yu Tang, Dalton Trans., 2011, 40, 12909-12916.
- Haiping Wang, Yufei Ma, Hao Tian, Ning Tang, Qiong Wang, Weisheng Liu, Yu Tang, Dalton Trans., 2010, 39, 7485-7492.
- Design and synthesis hollow, core-shell, yolk shell structured nanoparticles and single atom catalysts
- Use various characterization techniques such as TEM, SEM, XRD, XPS, BET, TGA, ICP, UV-vis to study chemical and physical properties
- Investigate their behaviour in the field of energy storage and conversion such as supercapacitor, batteries and catalysts.
Tian, H, Huang, F, Zhu, Y, Liu, S, Han, Y, Jaroniec, M, Yang, Q, Liu, H, Lu, GQM & Liu, J 2018, 'The Development of Yolk-Shell-Structured Pd&ZnO@Carbon Submicroreactors with High Selectivity and Stability', Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 28, no. 32, pp. 1801737-1801737.View/Download from: Publisher's site
Xu, J, Jia, L, Ma, Y, Liu, X, Tian, H, Liu, W & Tang, Y 2012, 'Novel lanthanide hybrid functional materials for high performance luminescence application: The relationship between structures and photophysical behaviors', Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 136, no. 1, pp. 112-119.View/Download from: Publisher's site
Wang, J, Wu, J, Chen, Y, Wang, H, Li, Y, Liu, W, Tian, H, Zhang, T, Xu, J & Tang, Y 2012, 'A small-molecular europium complex with anion sensing sensitivity', Dalton Transactions, vol. 41, no. 41, pp. 12936-12936.View/Download from: Publisher's site