Durbach Block Jaggers Architects Drawing Prize
Established by Durbach Block Jaggers, the designers of the Thomas Street, Science Building, the aim of the prize is to encourage excellence in and importance of a basic architectural communication skill, freehand drawing, and is awarded to a student who produces an exemplary hand-drawn Architectural drawing which demonstrates a new understanding of a piece of Architecture.
Please see the Conditions of Award for further details about the Prize.
Please see the Durbach Block Jaggers Architects Drawing Prize Flyer
Value and duration
One (1) winner and one (1) runner up recipient will be awarded the prize in each calendar year.
The award will be in the form of:
- 1st Prize: The award will be in the form of a cash prize of $1,500.
- Runner Up: The award will be in the form of a cash prize of $500.
Shortlisted works will be displayed and available for sale at a gallery/exhibition prior to the announcement of the 1st place and Runners-up Prizes at the event, to take place at a time mutually convenient time and as arranged between UTS and the Donor.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Prize, a candidate must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in a coursework Architecture or Landscape Architecture degree at UTS in the year for which the award is made; and
- Either submit one (1) physical hand-drawn Architectural drawing, unframed with a foam core on A2 landscape through open application or have a suitable drawing nominated by the subject coordinator of Architectural Design: Architectural Communications (11214) and/or Freehand Illustration (11291).
It is recommended that applicants have successfully completed one of the following subjects: Architectural Design: Architectural Communications (11214) and/or Freehand Illustration (11291).
- Demonstration of exemplary work as evidenced by the submitted freehand Illustration/drawing
- Ability to gain a new understanding of a piece of Architecture as evidenced by the submitted freehand Illustration/drawing
Opening date: 08 May 2017
Closing date: 07 August 2017
For further information contact
External Relations Officer
Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building
Tel: +61 2 9514 8011