Richard Crookes Construction Merit Scholarship for Women
The Richard Crookes Construction Merit Scholarship for Women has been established to recognise the academic excellence of female students in fields of study relevant to the building industry, with the desire to support and increase the number of qualified female professionals in the building industry. The Scholarship will support a female student in the Faculty of Engineering and IT (FEIT) or the Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building (DAB).Please read careful the Conditions of Award for details.
Value and duration
The maximum total value of Scholarship is $7,000 for the duration of the scholarship. One recipient will be awarded the Scholarship each year.
In addition to the Scholarship, the Recipient will have an opportunity to undertake a paid work placement at Richard Crookes Construction, which is to take place at a mutually convenient time and as arranged between the Recipient and Richard Crookes Construction. The placement should meet the minimum course requirements.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Enrolled in one of the specified UTS degrees with relevant majors, having successfully
completed the specified credit points or greater in their course at the time of the
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice degree (majoring in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering) and 192 Credit Points; or
- Bachelor of Engineering, Diploma in Engineering Practice course (majoring in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering) and 192 Credit Points;/or
- combined Bachelor of Engineering course (with a major in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering) and 192 Credit Points; or
- Bachelor of Construction Project Management course and 96 Credit Points; or
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture and 96 Credit Points; or
- Bachelor Design in Architecture / B. Design in Creative Intelligence and Innovation and 192 Credit Points; and
- For the duration of the Scholarship: full-time or part-time enrolment in one of the specified degrees and relevant majors; and
- Be intending to pursue a career in the building industry, as demonstrated in the Scholarship Application; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible; and
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person
- Academic merit (overall WAM of 70 or above) in their current UTS FEIT or DAB course relevant to a career in the building industry;
- Motivation to pursue a career in the building industry, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview;
- Personal achievements, showing extra-curricular excellence such as community activities and otherwise, as demonstrated in the scholarship application and interview.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed.
Applications for 2017 will open progressively from the 1st of November. Information on How to Apply will be available during the application period.
For further information contact
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527