Richard Crookes Construction Elite Athlete Scholarship
The Richard Crookes Construction Elite Athlete Scholarship has been established to recognise and support elite and emerging athletes studying in the Faculty of Engineering and IT (FEIT) or the Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building (DAB). The Scholarship was designed to reward excellence in fields of study relevant to the construction business, and further innovation for the good of the building industry.Please read the Conditions of Award for full details of the Scholarship.
Value and duration
The maximum total value of Scholarship is $20,000 for the duration of the scholarship. One recipient will be awarded the Scholarship each year.
In addition to the Scholarship, the Recipient will have an opportunity to undertake a paid work placement at Richard Crookes Construction, which is to take place at a mutually convenient time and as arranged between the Recipient and Richard Crookes Construction. The placement should meet the minimum course requirements.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Enrolled/or intend to enrol in one of the specified UTS degrees and relevant majors:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice degree (majoring in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering); or
- Bachelor of Engineering, Diploma in Engineering Practice course (majoring in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering); or
- combined Bachelor of Engineering course (with a major in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering); or
- Bachelor of Construction Project Management course; or
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture; or
- Bachelor Design in Architecture / B. Design in Creative Intelligence and Innovation; or
- Master of Architecture; and
- Must be accepted into the UTS Elite and Emerging Athlete Program and compete as a:
- World Class Athlete (Olympian, World Championships); or
- National Team (Open or Junior) member; or
- Elite athlete who competes at a National level; or
- Emerging Athlete competing at a state level; and
- Ranked in Sporting Achievement order, as determined by the UTS Elite and Emerging Athlete Program;
- Academic merit
- For commencing students, a minimum ATAR (or equivalent) of 69 or above; or
- For continuing students, a minimum Pass average;
- Motivation to pursue a career in the building industry, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview;
- Initiative in personal, professional, community and sporting life, as demonstrated by the Scholarship application and interview;
- Likelihood that the receipt of the Scholarship will significantly increase the candidate's academic and athletic progress at a higher level of performance than would otherwise be the case, as demonstrated by the Scholarship application and interview.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed.
Applications for this Scholarship open progressively from the 1st of November each year. Information on How to Apply will be available during the application period.
Opening date: 30 March 2017
Closing date: 23 April 2017
For further information contact
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527