Neville Quarry Travel Scholarship
The aim of the Neville Quarry Travel Scholarship is to support senior UTS School of Architecture students with travel costs associated with participating in an international study experience in their senior years of study.
The Scholarship is open to applicants annually, offering senior Architecture students assistance with participation in a Global Exchange program, Global Field trip/studio or independent international Study tour.
Please read the Conditions of Award for the full details of the Scholarship.
Value and duration
This Scholarship is valued at $5,000 which is paid in one instalment prior to the start of their international study experience, upon receipt of written confirmation of participation in the program.
The duration of the Scholarship is one (1) session.
Who is eligible?
- Be enrolled full-time in a UTS:
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture; or
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation; or
- Master of Architecture; and
- Undergraduate students must have successfully completed 96 credit points or greater in their course at the time of the scholarship application;
- Australian or New Zealand citizens, or holders of an Australian Permanent Resident visa or Permanent Humanitarian visa; and
- Nominate a proposed session/timing and format for the international travel experience (e.g. Global Exchange Program, Global field trip/studio or independent international study tour)
- For undergraduate applicants, it is recommended that the international study experience be undertaken either as part of a subject or after completion of their undergraduate studies and before the commencement of their postgraduate studies; or
- For postgraduate applicants, it is recommended that the international study experience be undertaken between the study periods of their postgraduate course;
- Other timing's will be considered at the time of selection; and
- Submit a digital portfolio (max 3mb) of 5 x A4 landscape pages of scans and/or photographs (compressed jpges for web viewing) of original design work appropriate to the course
In addition, preference will be given to applicants able to demonstrate financial disadvantage. See the Conditions of Award for more detail.
Shortlisted applicants are selected based on the below selection criteria.
- Quality of the submitted portfolio of work
- Demonstrated financial disadvantage may be taken into consideration
- Demonstrated motivation to succeed in the chosen degree program
- Potential for the experience to further the Recipient's Architectural career, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application
- Academic Performance (WAM at the time of selection) may be taken into consideration
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed.
Applications for this Scholarship open progressively from the 1st of November each year. Information on How to Apply will be available during the application period.
Opening date: 07 November 2016
Closing date: 27 March 2017
For further information contact
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527