Australian Design Centre Mentoring Award
The Australian Design Centre Mentoring Award is provided by the Australian Design Centre to encourage students to use the power of design to engage critical issues facing the community. It is awarded to students who produce an exemplary design project in selected undergraduate degrees in the School of Design, and in the Masters of Architecture (C04235).
Usually one (1) recipient from C04235 Master of Architecture and three (3) recipients (one each from Interior and Spatial Design, Integrated Product Design and Visual Communication) from the School of Design will be awarded the Prize in each calendar year.
Value and duration
The award will be in the form of admittance to the Australian Design Centre's (ADC) mentoring program. This includes access to career mentoring and support from the ADC's director and lead curator.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Prize, a candidate must be enrolled in one of the following courses, have completed the relevant subject(s), and met the relevant conditions in the year for which the award is made:
- Be enrolled in the Master of Planning course (C04007) and have completed one of the following.
- 11551 Masters Architectural Design Studio 1
- 11552 Masters Architectural Design Studio 2
- 11553 Masters Architectural Design Studio 3
- 11554 Masters Architectural Design Studio 4
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor of Design in Interior and Spatial Design course (C10271, C10272, C10322) and have completed the following.
- 86223 Design Studio: Industry
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor of Design in Integrated Product Design course (C10304, C10305, C10323) and have completed the following.
- 84812 Innovation and Commercialisation
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication course (C10308, C10309, C10324) and have completed the following.
- 87831 VC Design Studio: Visual Communication and Emergent Practices
The Prize will be awarded to students based on the following:
- Demonstration of design intent as evidenced by design studio project
- Ability to establish the critical positioning of the design work within the intellectual framework of the studio as evidenced by design studio project
- Academic merit
For further information contact
UTS:Design, Architecture & Building
Phone: +61 2 9514 8978
Fax: +61 2 9514 8804