Vice-Chancellor's Merit Scholarship
The University of Technology Sydney is committed to supporting access to quality tertiary education and offers up to five Vice-Chancellor's Merit Scholarships to top high school students annually. This prestigious scholarship is aimed at students who are experiencing financial disadvantage. It is paid annually for the duration of the recipient's UTS Undergraduate degree and an Honours degree, if applicable.
Please read the Conditions of Award for the full details of the scholarship.
The Vice-Chancellor's Scholarships cannot be deferred.
Value and duration
This Scholarship is valued at $12,500 per annum and is paid for whole duration of the recipient's UTS Undergraduate degree and an Honours degree, if applicable.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Be a current school leaver; or gap year student who received an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) or equivalent score in the previous year, where no university study was undertaken in the gap year; and
- Achieved an ATAR or equivalent of 90.0 or above, excluding bonus points; and
- Have a Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) preference to a UTS undergraduate course for the Autumn semester directly following the Scholarship selection; and
- For the duration of the Scholarship: full-time enrolment in a UTS undergraduate degree, which is their first undergraduate degree; and
- Have applied for the Equity Scholarship or Educational Access Scheme via UAC, and therein demonstrated financial disadvantage (at the time of Scholarship selection); and
- Gap year students only: Must apply using the UTS online Elite Scholarships Application form.
Course area(s)All courses.
- Demonstrated financial disadvantage (through the UAC Equity Scholarship or Educational Access Scheme application)
- High UAC preference to a UTS undergraduate course at the time of selection
- Ranked in ATAR order
- Motivation to succeed in the chosen degree program, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application or as determined by UTS
- Initiative in personal and professional life, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application or as determined by UTS
- Candidates who have applied using the UTS online Elite School Leavers Scholarships Application form will be highly regarded.
When applying through UAC for UTS Equity Scholarships, Family Tax Benefit will not be considered as demonstrative of financial hardship. Only applicants receiving a Centrelink means-tested income support payment, or demonstrating exceptional financial hardship with supporting evidence will be considered.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed.
Applications for this Scholarship open progressively from the 1st of November each year. Information on How to Apply will be available during the application period.
Opening date: 01 September 2016
Closing date: 09 December 2016
For further information contact
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527