UTS Luminaries Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
The UTS Luminaries Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship aims to support continuing Postgraduate Coursework students with potential for excellence in their chosen academic field, to continue their studies at UTS.For the full details of the Scholarship, please read the Conditions of Award.
Value and duration
The maximum total value of the Scholarship is $7,500 to each Recipient. The Scholarship will be awarded to four new Recipients each year.
The duration of the Scholarship is dependent on the Recipient's study load as follows:
- Two (2) sessions for Recipients enrolled in a full-time study load (enrolment in 18 credit points or more/session); or
- Up to four (4) sessions for Recipients enrolled in a part-time study load (enrolment in 12 credit points/session), or a combination of part-time and full-time enrolment.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Be commencing their second session of a UTS Masters by Coursework degree and intend to enrol into a minimum of 12 credit points/session; and
- All candidates must apply using the online UTS Scholarships Application form.
Course area(s)All courses.
- WAM achieved in the first session of study in a UTS Masters by Coursework degree
- Motivation to succeed in their UTS Masters by Coursework degree, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application
- Demonstrated initiative in personal and professional life, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application
- Commitment to and alignment with UTS values
- Financial disadvantage and other educational barriers may be taken into consideration.
- Students wishing to evidence this criteria should provide a personal statement describing their financial and/or educational disadvantage
Eligible applicants will be presented to a Scholarship Selection Committee, which will undertake the selection of Recipients, usually at the beginning of Autumn and Spring sessions each year.
While they come from diverse backgrounds and operate in many different arenas, all UTS: Luminaries are united by two things: a shared UTS education experience and their reputation for excellence.
For more information on UTS: Luminaries please visit the UTS: Luminaries website.
Applications for this Scholarship open progressively from the 1st of November each year. Information on How to Apply will be available during the application period.
Opening date: 05 December 2016
Closing date: 24 April 2017
For further information contact
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527