UTS Housing Resident Networker Scholarship
The Resident Networker program is a leadership development program for UTS Housing residents and is a vital part of the UTS Housing community.
This Scholarship is an extension of the Resident Networker (RN) program. The Scholarship is offered on a voluntary basis and aims to provide financial support to students admitted to the Resident Networker program to assist with the costs of their education.
Please read the Conditions of Award for full details of the Scholarship.
Value and duration
The total value of the Scholarship is $5,500 per annum to each Recipient, or a pro-rated amount for RNs who join the program for part years. The Scholarship is intended to be used by Recipients for educational purposes.
The minimum duration of the Scholarship is one (1) session, up to a maximum duration of one (1) year.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, a candidate must meet all of the following criteria:
Applicants must be/have:
- Admitted to the Resident Networker program (having met all conditions therein) in the year of scholarship award (See the Resident Networker Leadership Program Description for details at "Become a Resident Networker"); and
- A current resident of UTS Housing; and
- For the duration of the Scholarship: enrolment in any UTS undergraduate or postgraduate degree (coursework or research), Study Abroad or Exchange program or Jumbunna UNISTART.
Course area(s)All courses.
The eligibility criteria outlined above and the Selection Criteria and Retention Criteria set out in the "Resident Networker Leadership Program Description", will be used to identify and select all Recipients.
To be eligible to participate in the RN program, applicants must:
- Participate in the RN Training Program.
- Be available throughout UTS Housing Welcome Week.
- For residents who are in the second year of their course or above, have attained, and maintained, a minimum pass grade average in the previous academic year.
- Be enrolled as a full-time or part-time UTS student.
- Be a current resident of UTS Housing.
- Be willing to move apartment, level or residence where required.
- Be endorsed by two current residents of UTS Housing supporting your application to become an RN.
- For residents who are in the second year of their course or above, have attained, and maintained, a minimum credit (or higher) grade average in the previous academic year.
- Demonstrate prior involvement in community leadership roles, including volunteering, UTS clubs and societies, charity, etc.
- Demonstrate prior involvement in the UTS Housing community.
- Demonstrate leadership and personal qualities including empathy, responsibility, maturity, initiative, etc.
Applications are not required for this Scholarship; eligible candidates will be identified through UTS Housing recommendation, as candidates will have been offered and accepted into the Resident Networkers program in the year of award.
For further information contact
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527