UTS Council Indigenous Scholarship
The intention of this Scholarship is to support a commencing Indigenous student who is identified as a potential high achiever and who may have barriers to undertaking tertiary studies.
Value and duration
One Recipient will receive a total value of $5,000 over one year.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, applicants must be/have:
- Of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent (must complete a Confirmation of Aboriginality form or provide a statutory declaration); and
- Commencing UTS Undergraduate coursework student; and
- Applied through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) for an Equity Scholarship and therein demonstrate financial disadvantage; and
- Submitted a UTS Council Indigenous Scholarship application form
Course area(s)All courses.
Recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Motivation to succeed in the nominated UTS course, as demonstrated by the Scholarship application process
- Educational barriers as demonstrated by the UTS and UAC Equity Scholarship application process
- Academic merit (ranked in ATAR order or equivalent).
For the full details of the Scholarship, please read the Conditions of Award.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed.
Applications for this Scholarship open progressively from the 1st of November each year. Information on How to Apply will be available during the application period.
Opening date: 01 November 2016
Closing date: 20 March 2017