Toshiba Medical Systems - UTS Engineering Scholarship
The Toshiba Medical Systems - UTS Engineering Scholarship aims to support applications who are enrolled in the Bachelor of Engineering and have an interest in Toshiba's diagnostic imaging equipment such as ultrasound, CT, X-Ray, R&F, X-Ray Angiography/Cardiology and MRI.
Value and duration
- Scholarship: the maximum total value of the Scholarship is $29,000 to each Recipient.
- Internship: the Recipient will complete one unpaid internship of twenty-four (24) weeks with Toshiba Medical Systems usually in their second year or fourth year of study as required by the course.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian citizens;
- Enrolled in the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma Professional Engineering Practice, Bachelor of Engineering Diploma Professional Engineering Practice course or combined Engineering program at UTS;
- Majoring in Biomedical, Electrical or Mechatronics;
- Enrolled in or have successfully completed all prerequisites subjects for Engineering Practice Preview 1 or Engineering Practice Preview 2;
- A credit average;
- For the duration of the Scholarship: full-time enrolment in the BEng(Hon)DipProfEngPrac, BEng Dip Eng Prac Engineering degrees or combined Engineering degree.
Applicants must also meet Toshiba's Eligibility Criteria:
- Have mechanical, electrical and electronic interest and aptitude
- Be interested in "Hands on Work", and
- Must have their own, or access to a vehicle which can provide safe transport for the scholar to sites up to 4 hours from the Toshiba HQ in Sydney.
- Academic merit
- Motivation to succeed in the BEng(Hon)DipProfEngPrac or BEng Dip Eng Prac course
- Demonstrated interest in Toshiba's Diagnostic Equipment and initiative in extra-curricular and non-academic activities
- Toshiba's recommendation of recipient
How to apply
Submit an online scholarship application form through the UTS: Engineering Scholarships for current students
Applications close at midnight Sunday 1 October 2017 .
Opening date: 31 July 2017
Closing date: 01 October 2017
For further information contact
UTS: Engineering and IT Outreach Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2666