Lindsay Croft Postgraduate Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Jumbunna Indigenous House of Learning in 1996 in memory of Lindsay Croft. Lindsay was an Aboriginal student advocate and Harvard University postgraduate Public Health student. In 1994 Lindsay travelled to the United States to complete his studies but tragically he lost his life in a car accident before he was able to complete them.
Please read the Conditions of Award for the full details of the Scholarship.
Value and duration
One recipient will receive a total value of $5,000 over two years.
A payment of $1,250 will be made each semester.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Indigenous Australian (must complete a Confirmation of Aboriginality form or provide a statutory declaration); and
- Completed study in an undergraduate course, or Advanced Diploma, or have relevant experience which allows entry to a postgraduate degree. Transcripts of all prior (non-UTS) tertiary studies is required; and
- Enrolled full-time in the first year of a UTS postgraduate degree; and
- Previous recipients of this scholarship cannot reapply.
Course area(s)All courses.
Recipients will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Academic achievement in previous studies.
Applications for this scholarship are now closed.
Please contact the Scholarships Office for full details on how to apply. Contact details are listed below.
Opening date: 01 November 2016
Closing date: 13 March 2017