Laurie Cowled Scholarship
For a female Australian Indigenous student; valued at up to $20,000 to cover the cost of tuition and some living expenses. Awarded on the basis of financial need and academic merit.
Value and duration
The Recipient will receive a total Scholarship value of $20,000 over two years. The Scholarship payment will go towards tuition fees and a living allowance. For more information please refer to the Conditions of Award
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- Of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent (must complete a Confirmation of Aboriginality form or provide a statutory declaration); and
- Female; and
- Under 25 years of age at the commencement of the relevant academic year; and
- Commencing or continuing full-time enrolment in an undergraduate degree at UTS; and
- Experiencing financial hardship.
Course area(s)All courses.
- Preference will be given to applicants that apply through the Universities Admission Centre (UAC) for an Equity Scholarship therin demonstrate finacial disadvantage.
- Alternatively applicants may provide evidence they are in receipt of a Centrelink benefit, and/or provide a personal statement outlining exceptional financial hardship
- Motivation to succeed in the chosen degree as demonstrated in the scholarship application
- Commitment to benefiting the Indigenous community as demonstrated in the scholarship application
- Academic record (based on ATAR results or previous year's academic results, or equivalent) may be taken into consideration.
Please read the Conditions of Award for the full conditions of the Scholarship.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed.
Applications for this Scholarship open progressively from the 1st of November each year. Information on How to Apply will be available during the application period.
Opening date: 15 December 2016
Closing date: 20 March 2017